Pages

Thursday 13 October 2016

Recount about school holidays

This School Holidays
This school holidays my family and I came together for my mum's funeral.
When my family and I found out that she had passed we felt disgusted because she did not live for that long. Before all of that happened my sister and I visited her in the Mercy Hospice. She felt and looked very sick. She gave me a book called  Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. It was an interesting adventure to read. My sister and I went home to have some dinner. By the time we had finished eating a nurse rang up and told us that our mum did not make it. She had past away.

My family and I packed our gear and travelled up north to Matauri Bay. It took about three hours to get there. My family and I were all crying in the car. By the time we got there we all had stopped crying. We drove to the marae in Matauri bay and said hello to our family and friends. They looked disgusted

And we got welcomed to our marae. We saw that everyone was crying. A lady pulled out two leaves and two other ladies were singing haere mai to welcome us on.
When I saw my mum dressed in a nice black dress and lying in her coffin she looked pale but beautiful. When I touched her she was hard and cold just like a rock. Some people were singing to her and kissing her on the cheek . As they were closing her lid I started crying while everyone else was singing. When they were carrying her out some people were doing the haka on the grass.

When most of the people went to bury her up the mountain where my nana was buried there was a little graveyard where our family is  buried.

When we got home I started having nightmares every time I go to bed and I am always crying. Softly so no one can hear me. Everytime I cry I always think she is there with me hugging me. And when I always think my mum is there with me i am always talking to her saying how hard it is without her and wanting her to come back to life. Because someone told me when someone dies they turn into dust and then in a few years she is back to a baby again but I don’t think that Is true.

Lorraine

No comments:

Post a Comment